||The time has come to start bringing your saws out of storage. Spring is officially here! Tuning up your saws before putting them to work is just as important as winterizing them before putting them in storage. Review this checklist from Stihl to make sure your equipment is in ideal condition before the season starts.
- Check your spark plugs and replace if necessary.
- Check for dirty and damaged air filters. Replace if necessary.
- Check all parts for cracks or breaks. Replace anything that is damaged or broken.
- Check for loose screws and nuts, and tighten.
- Inspect diamond blades or abrasive wheels, and sharpen or change your chains.
- Lubricate parts where you may have friction.
- Inspect power cords for wear or damage.
- Mix new fuel if it has sat for 2 months or more.
- Warm up your equipment before putting to work.
These steps from Stihl are an important part of proper maintenance and can help you get the most life out of your equipment.
If you need further assistance with tune-ups, parts, or repairing your saws, our full service repair center can help you out.
Checklist courtesy of Stihl. Original information can be found here: http://goo.gl/wGfGP